Coffee Nibs - Ways to Use
Coffee nibs are small pieces of crushed roasted coffee beans that have a bitter, chocolatey flavor. These rich, chocolatey nibs are loaded with nutrients and powerful plant compounds that have been shown to benefit health in many ways.
Coffee nibs are naturally low in sugar. They’re also a good source of fiber, protein, and healthy fats. They’re rich in many minerals, including iron and calcium.
Here are some ways to add coffee nibs to your diet:
* Toss coffee nibs into your favorite smoothie.
* Use them in baked goods like muffins and breads.
* Blend coffee nibs into homemade nut butters.
* Stir them into your morning oatmeal.
* Mix them with nuts and dried fruit for an energy-packed snack.
* Add coffee nibs to coffee drinks like lattes and cappuccinos.
* Use them in savory sauces, such as barbecue sauces and mole.
* Crust steak or duck with crushed coffee nibs for a unique flavor.
* Incorporate coffee nibs with coconut, almond butter, and puréed dates to make healthy energy balls.
* Use them in place of chocolate chips in granola recipes.
* Sprinkle roasted coffee nibs on top of yogurt.
Brewing coffee is an art. We want to share a few very important elements that can influence how your coffee tastes.
Make sure you are using Freshly roasted beans (ideally within 30 days of roast date);
Grind Coarseness - if you grind too fine, your coffee will be over extracted which equals bitterness;
Water Quality (filtered or soft) and Temperature (91C - 96C)
Pre-Infusion (Blooming) and Extraction Time
We have included a few of our favorite recipes here and hope you will enjoy experimenting!